Who fits this description?
What is meant by the terms “commercial sexual exploitation and sex trafficking”?
Commercial sexual exploitation and sex trafficking, when used by the general public, can be used interchangeably. However there are legal distinctions between state based and federal crimes of this nature, where in the language of the crimes refer to different acts.
Commercial Sexual Exploitation and/ or Sex trafficking is: Any sexual act traded for profit, that happens to a person under the age of 18, with or without their consent, OR, any sexual act traded for profit that happens to a person over the age of 18 through force, fraud, or coercion.
- Have you ever been pressured into trading sex for a couch to sleep on? Or for rent/a meal/clothing/any necessities of life?
- Has anyone taken photos of you without your consent to advertise your availability for sex online?
- Has your intimate partner pressured you to have sex with his/her friends in exchange for money?
- Has someone forced you to have sex in exchange for profit by threatening you or someone you love with physical harm?
- Are you under the age of 18 involved in any sex act or production of any sexualized images, for profit?
If you can answer Yes to any of the above questions, our support services are here for you. This is not an exhaustive list of commercially sexually exploitative dynamics. If you feel that your involvement in the "lifestyle" was in any way harmful or abusive then our support services are for you.